Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course Materials
Cyber-Skilled Mariner (CY-MAR)
This course presents a systemic approach to implementing and managing effective information security in contemporary highly networked Maritime system. Students will learn about the security challenges faced by individuals and organizations in the information age and introduces the complex and dynamic state of information assurance in cyberspace. It is intended to sensitize Maritime stakeholders to the pitfalls and dangers of doing business in a cyber-ecosystem, and to familiarize the student with various organizations and materials that can be turned to for assistance in understanding how to operate and use modern Maritime systems and networks securely with the maritime community and system vendors to the community. Shipboard and shoreside technology and management issues related to managing the elements of Cybersecurity will be addressed.
This course is also approved for Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) continuing education credits. GIAC grants approval for continuing education for certification maintenance. Attendance will count for one Continuing Professional Experience (CPE) per hour. There may be some limitations as to how many CPEs that may be counted towards for one course. Anyone interested, should check with GIAC for details at: https://www.giac.org/certifications/renewal
This course is not Eligible for the MATES Program.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to discuss with their organization's management structure, suppliers, and vendors that will:
Select the course date from the list below